The ultimate privilege is filing for and becoming a U.S. citizen. Among it’s benefits; traveling on U.S. passport, file visa petitions for relatives, considered for U.S. government employment, voting.
Eligibility requirements are:
1. Hold Lawful Permanent Residency Status for 5 years.
2. No single trip outside of the U.S. lasting 180 days or longer within the last 5 years.
3. Physical presence of at least 30 months in U.S.
4. Residency in state where you are filing application for at least 90 days.
1. Married to a U.S. citizen for 3 years (U.S. citizen spouse must have been citizen for 3-year period).
2. Hold Lawful Permanent Residency Status for 3 years.
3. Physical presence of at least 18 months in the U.S.
4. Residency in state where you are filing application for at least 90 days prior to filing application.
The fee to file the citizenship application is $890.00 ($680.00 for Immigration, $200.00 for International Institute and $10.00 shipping fee).